26 October 2014

Currenty | Vol 4

Colouring is a favourite these days. Our new 'art centre' is a hit
Thanks for joining in on another week of Currently. Just a quick weekly post to check in on the current happenings in out lives. Be sure to click through the other posts and leave comments to grow our Currently community! 

T H I N K I N G | I seriously need to get my butt in gear with getting in shape. I bought a dress for my sisters wedding and its a bit more snug than I usually go for but it was exactly what i was looking for so I just had to get it. I really want to feel comfortable on the big day so Im doing a little experiment to cut out obvious sugars for the next 21 days as well as start... ahem I mean start again T25... wish me luck!



D R E A M I N G | To be totally honest, I haven't been doing a lot of dreaming lately. I have been pretty firmly living in the now, which is fine, but I always think having a dream is nice too. Im a part of this growing community called #firework people. They are an AMAZING group of women who are seeking to make their dreams a reality. Sometimes I feel out of place in the group, here is just little ol me doing my mom thang (do people still say thang?... see guys, im out of touch!) But I think thats perfectly ok too you know. I think in some ways im still honing my passion, im still just figuring it out so its awesome to be a part of a group that encourages that.  


O R G A N I Z I N G | I am still organizing my clothes for my future Capsule Wardrobe post... Its soo difficult to do because Millie is practically always sleeping in our room! haha I guess I should be happy I have a baby who sleeps well but it is definitely difficult to get anything done in our bedroom, even making our bed and trying to get the laundry put away is an accomplishment! Hopefully I will get it all figured out soon enough! 


L A U G H I N G  A T | I feel like I am always seeing funny things and saying "oh i should remember to share that!" haha... and then I can't think of it again! One site I always get a kick out of is Its Like The Know Us. Its a hilarious tumblr site that puts captions to stock photos... seriously just go check it out. SO funny! 


R E A D I N G | I am currently reading "Loving Our Kids on Purpose" by Danny Silk. Its a parenting book of sorts, primarily focusing on keeping a connection with our kids as the most important element of parenting. Im enjoying it so far and would recommend it if you are looking for a faith based parenting book. 

Few pictures of our week:: 

Hazel is really into putting her clothes on herself these days... pretty cute but takes FOREVER!

This girl is getting SO strong!

Bob and I are making a batch of wine! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Hazel loves to lay beside Millie and chat with her in the mornings
How is everyone feeling about the prompts? Love em? hate em? For next week Im thinking of doing something a little different! I would love to have an Instagram Currently. 
How it will work is we post our Currently's on IG, following the prompts of "Watching" , "Doing", "Loving", "Making", "Thankful For". You can post them as 5 separate pictures with captions and using the hashtag #currently. You also can do a regular post if you like but the link up will be for your IG accounts! What do you think?? Im open to other suggestions too!   


7 comments:

  1. Thanks again for hosting! Always fun- instagram one sounds fun! That book sounds interesting. Have to check it out. Meant to tell you am interested in cohosting (kerisnyder@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been loving the prompts. They help me gather my thoughts and stay organized in my posts! Excited to give the IG one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the prompts! Please keep them! :)

    I just bought Addie that Old Navy dress that Hazel is wearing a couple weeks ago. So stinking cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I totally did mine wrong this week because I didn't follow the prompts. I love this link up though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously need to get my butt in gear too. I have been slacking for the last 5 months. Dealing with some womanly issues and I just haven't had the motivation. You can do it!!
    Adorable pics of your kiddos!!!!!
    I love the prompts. You can definitely just rotate them or ask us for ideas too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's sooo much harder with two kids to make our own health a priority! I totally hear you there. Also I'm jealous that Hazel is into dressing herself, Riggs shows no interest whatsoever. I'll ask him to try and he says "youuuuu do it mama" haha. And I can't wait to hear how your wine turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww man I missed this week! That site was hilarious, thank you :) Next week sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1