5 October 2014

CURRENTLY || Link Up!




Hi Everyone! Thank you SO much for joining me for my very first post as the new host of Currently. My dear friend Jenna has passed the torch to me and I am so excited to be your host for this wonderful link up. I hope to change up our "currently categories" from week to week with a few regulars mixed in there so I hope you'll enjoy it and it will add a bit of variety to our weekly posts. I like to think of currently as an easy post where you can share your current interests and daily 'goings on', I love that currently jump starts my blogging week and I love reading what you all are up to! Hope you will join me in building this beautiful currently community!

T H I N K I N G || thanks to everyone who gave me their discipline suggestions last week. We are forging through on the consistency front! This week I'm thinking about Potty Training... Mamas out there what are your best potty training tips? I'm hopeful that the 3 Day method will work for us... But how on earth do you do that when nursing a baby several times a day? Do you have a success story? Lay it on me...

L I S T E N I N G || Bob and I are always checking out "The Drop" over at Relevant Magazine. If you are ever looking for some new music you should definitely head there. Since Bob is a youth pastor he has a passion for connecting our youth with Christian music that doesn't... well... suck. I haven't heard much over on the drop that sucks so it's definitely a great resource. Check it out... It's also not all totally Christian either so if that's not your thing than you'll probably still find some good tunes. 

D O I N G || We had a packed weekend with a Senior Teen event out at Camp. It was fairly relaxed but still busy managing running the event with Bob and also taking care of Millie's needs, thankfully my mom took Hazel for the night so that was a huge relief. We also went apple picking on Sunday and had a really nice family time even though it did start raining briefly (it never rains very long on PEI, the weather is always changing!!) Hazel loved picking the apples and we even attempted to get a family picture... iphone self timer propped on the car for the win....





T H A N K F U L  F O R || Peace! A friend of ours spoke to the teens on the weekend about Peace and how as Christians we should be living in peace and not be anxious or worried. He took everyone outside and told us that it was 8am in Tokyo, he said sometimes our lives are like Tokyo (crazy, busy, chaotic, fast paced) but we should be living like we are here (outside where we were standing by the water was incredibly peaceful and still) I'm not sure if the youth all connected with it but I sure did! I feel like I live 'in Tokyo' all of the time!! I could use a lot more peace. I'm so thankful for that timely reminder! 

I can't wait to read what you are up to Currently! 

As I mentioned above next weeks currently will have a few different prompts! Here they are for next week: 

Thinking
Making (could be anything from a craft project to dinner!) 
Wearing (let's see that fall style ladies!!) 
Anticipating (gotta have something to look forward to!!) 
Thankful for (I'm keeping this one in there next week because it's Canadian Thanksgiving!) 



26 comments:

  1. I will have to check out that source for music. I love finding new worship music. Also a quick question, I guess I didn't quite understand. Is this link up just for lifestyle type blog posts? Sorry. I must be blonde. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! (And great work with the self-timed photo!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also I intend to join in on this link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Excited about this link up. Ahh potty training. I have trained 2 now and let me just say both were so different! My oldest just didn't get it we tried everything. And we ended up waiting until he was 3 and then he finally got it! My middle child turned 2 in Feb last year but wasn't ready. I had a baby in May so didn't want to push him. And then this summer he just woke up one morning saying I pee. So we did it! And he just got it right away. Was hard nursing my baby and doing that though and I would've waited if he hadn't been so ready! For our oldest doing a jar that he had to fill with rocks was good for visual. Once full he got a prize. He also got a m and m for going in potty... I could go on and on! Hope it goes well and biggest piece of advice: every child is different and just remember to try to relax with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even realize iPhones had a self timer! ha! Your family picture turned out great. :) Also, I guess I kinda went off on my own for categories this week because I guess I didn't realize there were specifics. :) I'll remember that for next time! You did a great week one of currently!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm kind of vaguely thinking about potty training my almost 2yo. I think she's more ready than I am - my son was almost 3 when we started potty training him in January of this year and we are just about now FINALLY done (though we haven't even started worrying about nighttime).

    Congrats on your first week hosting the link up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your family picture! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh potty training... I wish I had tips but my toddler is scared of the potty. I am dreading the day that I have to push this issue. haha Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Potty training has been the bane of my existence. I wish I had some tips for you but we've been working on this for a long time. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cutest pictures! Thank you for hosting Currently!! Also, curious about this "three day method" potty training...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm excited to see Currently's new home. Lovely photos! As for potty training, 3 of my 4 took forever but I wasn't one to push it. My youngest, now 3, was ready the earliest. He wanted a big boy bike so I made a sticker chart with the bike at the end of the chart. I told him when he is fully potty trained he could get the bike, By 2 weeks he was in preschool and underwear but i think that was more his personality than any skill on my part. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so excited about currently's new home! And I'm loving that you're adding new topics to the mix every week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This may be a silly question, but if I wanted to join in next week, do I just blog my Currently on Monday and link up here? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes! Not a silly question at all! I will put the link up on Sunday night at 12am Atlantic time :) so whenever you want to link up this is where you do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much Brittany!! If you have any topics you would like to do please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you Bobbi! definitely have to work with their little personalities with potty training! :) good tip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Ann! :) yes the three day method! google it! there are lots of books out there and blog posts too! I'll let you know how it goes once we can find the time to do it! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. aw Regan! Hope we both have success soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha Oh dear! The two days I have tried Hazel just held it! She seemed so excited but then wouldnt go! gah!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have heard that girls are a bit easier than boys so lets hope thats true :) Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. haha yes! I think the new iOS 8 update has a timer on the actual camera but I use an app called camera + for all of my pics! :) Also totally fine to do whatever categories you like!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Kerri!! I really like the rock idea!! Im really trying to hold off on the rewards (except maybe a big one at the end), so I really like that visual! Thats awesome your middle was so easy! Definitely just trying to feel it out to be sure she is ready!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes its a great resource for worship music! :) No worries about the post. This link up is not so much for general posts but rather for a specific post we write about what we are currently up to. I'll be posting prompts each week which you can follow if you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this! : ) And so excited you are our new host. Sorry I'm a bit late to the party this week, but for some reason I totally forget about this post. It's been a crazy week!


    Your family picture is darling! And I had no idea the iPhone has a self-timer. My 4 is about to upgraded to a 6 tomorrow, fingers crossed! Hope you're having a great week, and I'll be "seeing" you Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1