15 September 2014

Currently || September 15


Thinking || Learning to trust more fully in The Lord. Trusting that He has not overlooked us, trusting that He is in control. This week has met us with some pretty big challenges. My mind has been so full. There were moments this week where I wanted to run away, to take my little family and escape to a remote island and never look back. But I'm trusting instead. I'm trusting that He is who He says He is. 




Reading || this article on discipline and consequences. A friend of mine sent me this article and I really really liked the perspective. Hazel is just starting to test the limits and now that Millie is here I find I will get mad at Hazel for something that I would never have gotten mad at har for before. Like maybe she busts into the room when I'm juuuuust about to put Millie in bed after a 20 minute bounce and pat session (you know what I'm sayin mamas) ... It's totally not Hazels fault, she is just trying to show me a picture or tell me something, but I find myself getting angry and not dealing with it well... 
The part of the article I really liked was that the first question she asks herself is "did this action (the misbehaving) happen because I wasn't doing my job as a parent?" BOOM!! I mean how many times am I doing something else and Hazel gets into something (that I haven't told her she isn't allowing to be into) and then I get mad at her because of this when I should have given her a more specific task or activity if I was going to be busy. Read the article and let me know what you think! I would love to hear more perspectives on this! 

Doing || ( Is this even a category? Ha! ) I'm really looking forward to getting my sewing room back in order. We have been back in our house now for over a week and I'm sloooooowly getting organized again. I've been getting pumped again about making my earrings again and going in a few craft fairs coming up! I'm going to work on a few new things to sell too! Now... If only Millie can get through this wonder week and I can put her down for more than 10 minutes and get some time to sew that would be great! 




Thankful For || my home. Seriously I am so thankful to live in this place,to have a home like this to make my own and create a cozy and loving atmosphere for my family and friends to be welcome. I feel like I'm finally starting to get into my decorating 'vibe'. It is so amazing to have so much space, a playroom for Hazel, a big kitchen, and even a craft room for me! I'm so thankful for it! ( I'll have to come back and look at this post when it starts to feel cramped again! ) 

Linking up with Currently at A Mama Collective 





7 comments:

  1. I'll have to read that article! We're not necessarily to the point of disciplining just yet, but I know it's on the horizon. That's a really great question to ask when he gets into something. Totally agree with you on being thankful for your home. We rent our house right now and it's SO EASY for me to take it for granted because it's a rental. I try to focus on making it cozy and homey for my family, even if it's cramped and not ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely relate to being thankful for your home. The handsome husband & I moved to a new state just over six months ago & I am having a hard time adjusting. I am SO grateful that we rented a house that I LOVE! It makes it A LOT easier to get through each day when I am not detesting my immediate surroundings. . . Now I just need to get some SIMPLE decorating inspiration. . . ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to read that article! I'm sure getting the hang of having two little ones under two is difficult, so give yourself some grace. I'm sure you're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll check that article out, but from what you've said, I most definitely agree! I just wrote a post a few days ago that a few people were not fond of...but what can I say? What works for us, works for us, and every situation is different. Sigh. :) I hope you are doing okay, adjusting to life with two sweet girls. Hugs mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the article you shared, and think there's some great food for thought in there. I really like the questions she brings up - the one you mentioned and the "childishness vs. foolishness" idea - definitely helps to put things in perspective. I'm going to check out some of her other posts too, looks like she has some good stuff! Also, what kind of carrier are you wearing? Looks super comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hannah! I just read your intro post on the Peony Project and thought I'd stop by. I have a 3 month old baby girl, so it's fun to read blogs of other mamas with little ones close in age to my girl. LOVE your gray and white polka dot walls, by the way!
    Bonnie (strongandsweet.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hannah I truly hope your week gets better and that God comforts your heart during this struggle. You are a beautiful and wonderful mama! I can't wait to see some more pictures of your home as you spread out into your 'new' space xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1