19 May 2014

Currently | May 19 |


Thinking about: Sweet sweet summer. Honestly, I am just so excited to have a blast with Hazel this summer. Sure I'm going to have a newborn and all.... but I really am hoping that we can still have an amazing summer together! She is at such an amazing (though sometimes challenging) age (19 months). Almost the moment she gets up she asks to go outside, "ohside?" she says, so cute! The last few days we have been outside from the moment we wake up until the evening with a break in there for nap time. Im so happy she is such an outdoor girl since Bob and I love being outside too. 
 

Reading: I just started a new book called Keep Your Love On by Danny Silk. A friend posted on facebook how much she was enjoying it. I looked it up, watched the trailer and immediately downloaded it to my Kindle Ipad app. Some of the language used in the book gets my back up a little bit and im not sure how I feel about it, but there are some things that are spot on. Im definitely looking forward to getting further in the book. Check out the trailer below. 


Listening to: The sweet nothingness of nap time. I have always loved nap time... I mean who doesn't right? But lately I have been really cherishing it. I've decided to take at least half of nap time for myself and the other half spent doing the things I need to do around the house/ packing for camp / painting trim / working! Its so nice to spend that little bit of time for myself in a day, and I have found myself needing it more and more as this baby gets bigger and bigger in there! 
Watching: My baby kick and squirm and wiggle inside. I will admit that its sometimes annoying as she can get pretty wild in there around midnight! But after hearing of someone who had to endure the overwhelming pain of a stillbirth this past week I am watching and cherishing those movements so much more. Bob's mom had a baby who died during delivery when Bob was in kindergarten, he still remembers the sadness that his mom went through for years after that. My heart goes out to anyone who has ever had to experience the loss of a child. 
Thankful for: A gracious husband who knows what to do when I feel overwhelmed. Friends and sunshine. A long weekend (Its Victoria Day here in Canada), sleeping in and morning squeezes. 
Wishing: 

1. FINALLY finish painting upstairs
2. Finish Book - Keep Your Love On 
3. Find and buy anniversary gift for hubs! 
The Nectar CollectiveA Mama Collective

17 comments:

  1. My husband is hard to buy for! I hope you are able to find yours something fabulous! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the silence during nap times. It is so therapeutic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for taking a naptime break for yourself! That was one of the hardest things I had to adjust to when I had #babyD - I was always thinking about what needed to be done for work or around the house, and sometimes my body and/or mind rebelled and I just spent naptime resting, reading, or watching bad tv :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your perspective about pregnancy! At the end of mine, I was getting uncomfortable and starting to complain and then I heard of a family losing their baby midway through the pregnancy. It was definitely eye opening for me. My breaks for families who have to endure that pain. Praying for you and your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhh nap times. THE BEST. totally agree. Still working on syncing up both kids schedules, but I am getting close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the book sounds really interesting! i'll add it to my summer reading list. by the way, i'm in love with your blog layout/header. did you design it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love the idea of doing part of nap time for yourself and the other part of it to get things done! I always make the mistake of NOT napping when my kids nap, but it's so luxurious to do so!! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "The sweet nothingness of nap time." <---bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can we just talk about the sweetness of that lil baby bump?? Ohm goodness, thee cutest! My little 17mnth old says outside the same way and I just love hearing it. Isn't it so sweet to hear them start to use words. Such a fun age. Blessings on your week! // Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for popping by Holly! Yes my husband is really hard to buy for too! If he wants something he just buys it for himself!! grr! Ah well I still try every year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its definitely important to take that time for ourselves for sure!! After all almost everyone who works a 'real' job gets lunch break at least so I consider that my break!! :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much Chelsea! I definitely need so much grace with this pregnancy, I have been struggling with complaining too much, but it definitely helps to keep things in perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So good right? I will be right behind you on the syncing naps in a few months time! eek, thats one thing I am really nervous about, take notes and write a blog post about it will you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very interesting read so far! Its worth it in my opinion! And thanks about the blog header. I did design it! I mostly use the Rhonna Designs app on my iPad for everything design-wise on my blog you can check out this post if youre interested http://www.hannahsjoyfullife.com/2014/03/top-10-diy-blog-design-tutorials-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually shudder a little bit thinking about having to stay inside all day with Ben! Yikes! Ha! We are outside all day long, too! It's so wonderful. I think Hazel and Benny would have such a blast together (or maybe that's just the mamas that would have a blast together...) It's so awesome to have a husband who knows just what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's awesome. I'm off to buy that app. I have been itching for a new header, and I've wanted to design it myself. We will see!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1