14 April 2014

Currently // Finding Quiet



Thinking about: Finding quiet. I find it so very difficult to find a quiet moment in my day. Just a moment to recharge, to focus myself, to be. Am I alone in this? As I grow older I need much more alone time, more time to recharge after a day filled with people, babies and demands.  Now that I have faced this reality I need to really set aside the time for myself. Lets face it, waking up early is not my forte, especially since I know sleep with be scarce in a matter of months with the new little babe. But I cherish my mornings when I do rise early. There is something sacred about being up before your household, in the quiet and still. 

Reading: She Reads Truth // Holy Week devotions. This is part of what I do to recharge in the mornings! I'm so excited to be joining with so many women across the world reading some amazing thoughts from the ladies at She Reads Truth. I have also encouraged my youth girls to read along with me as well. I love that there are so many amazing resources out there to encourage and build your faith. Is anyone else doing them? 

Listening to:  Paul Simon's "Graceland". Honestly. Its my favourite of all time. I used to listen to it over and over and over. Bob is still amazed that I know every word to every song, even the crazy fast ones. :) 

Watching: My sweet girl experience the world! I think this is one of the most wonderful things about being a parent, don't you? Its amazing to see their little faces light up with the wonder of seeing something new; pure joy. Hazel is such a big helper these days and really loves to do everything that Mama does, if I'm cleaning she is right there beside me with her little broom or cloth. I can't wait to show her so many more things, its such an honour to be her mama. 

Thankful for: My amazing husband. This man who fixes the squeak in my stairs, who makes me breakfast every morning, who doesn't mind when I wake him up several times a night from tossing and turning (boo pregnancy indigestion), who preaches a message on community and then actually lives it (when all I want to do is have a nap), he pushes me outside of myself. So thankful for him. I love raising babies and doing life with this man! 

What are you up to currently?


    A Mama Collective

10 comments:

  1. Those few moments of peace and quiet are sooo refreshing. I just started doing the two kids thing a few months ago, so my mornings are for sleeping, but I can't resist taking an hour by myself at night to just unwind in lovely silence...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession. I set my alarm every morning to get up before every body, but most mornings I just can't do it. Plus, one of my kids loves to come get in bed with me and snuggle.... I figured I'd take him up on that as long as he wanted it right? Maybe that's just an excuse. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to have a few minutes to yourself in the mornings before going into "mom mode" isn't it? I also struggle with waking up before my little man, but the mornings I do are so nice to sit and drink my coffee while reading or writing. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waaaaah (the sound of me whining because you guys live so far away!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha yes I totally may be eating my words when baby number 2 arrives soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha oh I am soo there many many mornings! My girl loves to cuddle in the mornings too and my husband works from home most days so its pretty easy to reason with myself to stay in bed many mornings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. boooo I KNOW!!! Its a cruel cruel world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I set my alarm to be up before Luke & Cash, too. There are some mornings that I'm actually up before them & I really enjoy that quiet time. I need to make myself better at that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's definitely a fun adventure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Hannah.. Thank you so much for linking up with us! I'm *finally* starting to feel a little bit better after these two weeks. It's been rough. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to get to your post last week and comment here! Will you please forgive me? I loved this post... and I love everything you said about the joys of being a Mama. Beautiful. Thank you for that reminder. ~Jenna // A Mama Collective

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1