12 February 2014

Your New Favourite Banana Bread Recipe


Ok friends. I have been hanging on to this recipe for years now, originally passed on to me by my best gal, and I thought it was about time I shared it with you all.

Seriously. This is THE BEST banana bread recipe ever. I fancy myself a connoisseur of good ol BB, and I'm telling you, this is IT. It's got your perfect combination of moist and chewy and a bit crunchy on the outside. There is a secret ingredient which I think makes all the difference!


I have never had this recipe fail on me. And we often add milk chocolate chips, or regular, what have you, with stellar results.

Lately Hazel has been pretty into 'helping' me in the kitchen. She gets soo excited about standing on the chair and has been really good about being careful on it too, which was my biggest worry since she is still so young. She seems to love it and I hope it will become something that we both love and cherish in the years to come of baking together.


Have I gotten you pumped up about this Banana Bread or what? Now, instead of doing the typical blogger thing and regurgitating the recipe for you. I'm just going to let my BFF Jason Hill walk you through it. Honestly I have made this recipe so many times and watched this video so much that I actually feel like I know this guy!

 


For Valentines Day I thought it would be fun to make some heart shaped Banana Bread muffins to give to Hazel's little buddies, because apparently I'm 'that' mom.. According to my husband. But I thought it would be cute and fun and I spied some mini heart shaped silicone muffin tins at the dollar store so why not!

We made some cards using the toilet paper roll stamp I have seen all over Pintrest, and they turned out great! Nothing fancy but I think a pretty sweet little Valentine gift!


Let me know if you try out the recipe!

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious. Looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for sharing!

    Teagan Kahla

    http://teaganadventure.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1