17 February 2014

Shared Nursery - Baby | Toddler Rooms!


Ok, so let's talk about a shared sibling room. Heavens above, I honestly can't fathom how it's going to work but it will right? Right guys? Before I get into the 'how to' of it all I thought I would do the fun stuff and show you a round-up of some my favourite baby/toddler shared rooms.


I have been scouring for inspiration everywhere and I'm excited to start in on creating a space unique to us for my babes!


<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>

Our first room is from Lay Baby Lay. I really love this room and would love to incorporate some of these elements into our shared baby/toddler room. I especially love the toddler bed, and the book wall.




 This room from Spearmint Baby for two little girls. Quite a bit of pink here but I do really like the layout. If you click through you'll see some closer pictures of different elements in the room.




This sweet vintage inspired room from Hart & Sew is also for two girls but I think could be easily adapted for a girl and boy too, as it really is pretty gender neutral. This room is right up my alley, decorating-wise, and i love all of the vintage and handmade elements.



I found this next room via Houzz and I think its the perfect boy/girl room... although what's up with those huge pictures of (im assuming) the parents when they were young? weird... I do love the wall color and white/grey curtains as well as the pops of mustard yellow, I think all of these colors are perfect for either gender!


The next room is from Danielle Oakey Interiors and is probably more 'girly' than i like but I really like the idea of someday having a play area under a bunk bed when Hazel is older.



The last two rooms I found via Apartment Therapy and their links weren't working for some reason but I still grabbed the pics and you can see the original post here.

 Im not sure I would ever do a really bold wallpaper like this one, but there is definitely something about it that I love. I also really like the natural wood dresser.


This last room belongs to girl/boy siblings. I think they have done really well making it gender neutral, I really like that the toddler bed and crib are both black, the mismatched curtains and those little rocking chairs are adorable!



Hope you enjoyed my roundup of baby/toddler rooms. 
If you have any tips on creating the perfect shared room please comment below, I would love to hear them! 


23 comments:

  1. We are having the same concerns. Though those rooms look absolutely wonderful I am with you, "will it actually work?!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally Lena! We are definitely 'doing it' just wondering how much the baby will actually sleep in there or in some random closet somewhere! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of them sharing a room, but with you on the 'how will it work?' Can't wait to follow up and see which way you go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a little play area under a bunk bed until sibling is old enough to sleep there. Can't wait to see what you do! My SIL (who follows BW) moved her 10 month old into the almost 3 year old's room and she said the boys both loved it. They were less lonely and played together well. I'm sure it doesn't come without it's struggles (I think she had the 3 year old nap in their bedroom for a while), but nighttime was great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are all darling. I really love the nursery with the lofted bed and the play area underneath! Lots of good memories to be made there. Looks like you have some busy days ahead of you! :) Found you through the Dwelling Tree. ~Sarah @ thejellyjars.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! These are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know! I love them all! Thanks for stopping by Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sarah! Thanks so much for stopping by! Definitely love the little loft bed idea too, always wanted one with a couch under it when I was a teen! ;) haha never got it though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a sweet idea with the play area, although i think probably my babes will be too close in age... hey maybe the *next one... gasp! Good to know about your SIL. Im going to ask on the BW forum for some tips so hopefully some mamas will have some advice too! I think eventually they will love it. My brother and I shared a room when we were little and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by Katy! Definitely don't know how its going to work but as with everything in my motherhood journey so far, we will do what we do until we have to do something else!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Same! Lots of great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful collection of shared rooms. You will be find with 2 in one room, best of luck. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michelle WilliamsFebruary 22, 2014 8:35 pm

    These are a lot of really great ideas! I love the one with the "kitchen" under the bed! Thanks so much for linking up at the MaMade Blog Hop! Don't forget to stop back and link up again next week and see if you've been featured!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE all of these rooms! I'd happily share with a baby if I could have a room like anyone of those!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these ideas! We're going to put our toddlers together soon too to make room for the baby. We tried it once before and it didn't go so well...but they're older and sleeping better so hopefully it works this time! I'm featuring this tonight at my link party and pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for linking up with the Lovely Ladies Linky! These are such beautiful rooms. I wanted to let you know that I'll be featuring this tomorrow. I hope you'll be there to link up again :) -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful deco, congrats!

    Catherine Vargas
    Vintage Girls
    www.vindiebaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow I love that little kitchen hiding in there!!! I want to do that for my lil girl! Visiting from the Wake up Wednesday Linky Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I love all of these fantastic ideas! I'm new to your blog I can't wait to have a peek around :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It totally works! Trust me on this one, hehe. Siblings sharing is just a fact of life in our house, and for the most part it works beautifully (if a little messy!). They will be fine because that's all they'll know. Gorgeous rooms, I'm with you on loving the vintage though.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so glad i found your blog-i'm due with #2 girl in July too :) Prolly going to have to bunk them up-glad i found others who worry about the "design" element of this lol Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1