21 February 2014

Happy Home Maker: Kelli's Home Tour

Welcome to 'Happy Home Maker'
A weekly series featuring some of my favourite bloggy mamas and friends.
I hope you will join us every Monday to be inspired! 

Today we have Kelli from A Pretty Prairie Life sharing her beautiful home with us! I knew I would love Kelli's home after seeing some of her Instagram pictures and absolutely loving her style! I hope you enjoy Kelli's Happy Home too! 

Hi there folks, I'm Kelli from A Pretty Prairie Life and I'm super excited to be here today to give you a little tour of our home!  I love this series that Hannah created, as I am a person who loves seeing inside other peoples homes.  I love how everyone has there own style and it says a lot about the person or family who lives there.  Like most new families (I think), were are still in the processes of making our house a home. Although we have been here for five years, I'm constantly working on this space so it really functions for our lifestyle and reflects our family.  This house, is far from my dream house (which would be a renovated farmhouse with exposed beams, tonnes of natural light, and a wrap-around front porch), but for this season of our life it suits our little family well (plus the small square-footage means less to clean!). It's our home because it is where we have started making memories, where we found out our family was expanding, where our little one came home to, and where she will take her first steps.

Welcome to our home!

Living Room


I would say that our homes style is modern country/rustic, as I love natural elements such as wood, burlap, and lots of texture but also like clean lines and crisp white pieces too.  Many things in our home have been handmade by my husband or myself, such as our pallet coffee table, burlap curtains, and quilt ladder.  Our home had gone through a partial renovation prior to our purchase, where the previous owner partially open the walls to make it feel more open, we are still not sure if we like how it was done and are constantly working to make it work between these rooms, the next to-do's on my husband's list is to create a reclaimed mantel for the opening above the couch, but I think it's a big job and to make wood boxed to disclose the toys in ikea expedit unit under the window in the living room.

Kitchen/Dining Room


If only one room in the house could be larger, my choice would be the kitchen. I grew up in a home with a huge farmhouse kitchen which was the heart of the home and I would really love that for our home. I love cooking and baking so I spend a lot of time in the kitchen - more storage and space would be great, plus I'd love to host larger dinners if our dining room were larger.  Hopefully one day we can make some changes and I also really would like to paint the cupboards white in the future.

Nursery

This room is a bit different than the other rooms in our house. I really wanted something bring and feminine for Greta's nursery and to use pieces that could grow with her and multi-function. The rocking chair is a $10 garage sale find, the dresser belonged to my grandmother and we repainted it to match. All the other furniture is from Ikea except for the crib with was purchased from Target.

Greta hung out in her crib so I could snap her nursery pics:


Hope you enjoyed our house tour, and thanks to Hannah for asking me to share - let me know if you have any questions!

<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>

I am currently in search of new Happy Homes to feature! 
If you would like to be a part if this series please email me at 
hannahsjoyfullife (at) gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the kitchen. The book shelves in the baby's room is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pops of yellow in the baby's room! And the bookshelves too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. luving the crochet work on the ladder!
    thanks for inviting us in =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelli K (Pretty Prairie)March 05, 2014 11:44 am

    Thanks! I love it too - was a wedding gift from my grandmother,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelli K (Pretty Prairie)March 05, 2014 11:44 am

    Thanks! I think yellow is such a happy color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelli K (Pretty Prairie)March 05, 2014 11:44 am

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1