10 February 2014

Happy Home Maker: Jen's Home Tour


Welcome to 'Happy Home Maker'
A weekly series featuring some of my favourite bloggy mamas and friends.
I hope you will join us every Monday to be inspired! 

Today we have Jennifer from First Comes Love. I knew I would absolutely adore Jen's home because i'm always ohh-ing and ahh-ing over her Instagram pictures. This girl has got style! I hope you enjoy her sweet and happy home as much as I do.

<<<>>>

Hi guys! I'm Jennifer (or Jen) from First Comes Love, where I blog about motherhood, photography, life in a small town, and everything in between!
When Hannah asked me to guest post in her series, I was immediately excited! Promptly followed by panic.....
Our home is by no means extravagant, but that's not what makes a house a home anyways, right? ;)
So, welcome to our 1200 sq foot home jam packed with love, memories, personality, and whimsy.

 Let's start with one of my favorite rooms of the house, and grab ourselves some coffee ;)


I'm a firm believer that coffee becomes a necessity once you become a mom, so it must have it's own designated area. This is one of the first places I stumble to on those rough mornings ;) I'm always on the hunt for fun, vintage items (like the tea pot full of coffees) to add a little extra charm to our home.



We spend a lot of time in the kitchen-cooking, eating, visiting, living. We have a wooded view out the window, and in the summer we get the most beautiful light through that window. Right now, there is nothing to see but gray skies and snow, so we brought a little "spring" into the house with some easy to maintain plant life.


On to the living room.
We aren't really "t.v. people" (except for background noise) but we still spend a lot of time in the living room playing. Our living room is kind of divided into 2 areas, and the second half has most definitely been taken over by Todzilla.
Here's the middle room, or more realistically-Mya's play area. ;)


Jars and baskets have become our best friends. Part of being a parent is fighting a constant battle to keep your home from looking like a daycare center. Good luck with that.


Basically the only thing in this room that is "mine" is the giant mirror that I like to pretend is really a fireplace mantel. Since we don't have a fireplace, and therefore no mantel, it gets the honors of being decked out in the holidays finest attire. ;) This is also the room I use to do my indoor photo shoots since it's so bright and sunny.


The other room is a tad bit more adult oriented ;)


I usually keep a sheet over the couch (old lady style) for Sophie, but I took it off for the photo. She is clearly pouting about not being able to get on the couch right now.


The last room I'm sharing today is Mya's room. 
I was so excited when I found out we were having a girl, and couldn't wait to start decorating!


Can you spy a cute little baby bootie over there in the corner? ;)


This room will always hold a special place in my heart. I've rocked in it countless times imagining what the baby inside my belly would be like, and I've rocked in it countless times since with that same baby in my arms.
It just may be my favorite room in the entire house :)


We have a lot of memories in this little place. 
It may not be big, and it may not be fancy, but there truly is "no place like home".

Thanks for reading about our little house, and I hope you enjoyed the tour! Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions or comments!

XO jen

                                                            <<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

Want to see more happy homes?


Don't miss a tour!
Grab our button and display it on your sidebar so you'll be just one click away, every Monday!
((plus its pretty cute))

Joyful Life

3 comments:

  1. You have a lovely home, it is so light, bright and airy. Pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. laurie rill scardinaFebruary 11, 2014 10:27 am

    That adorable tee-pee. I die! I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I would be in love with your house! I love all the little touches of beauty of you add throughout your house, it makes it feel so homey and full of love. I'm super jealous of your kitchen, it's so bright and pretty! Thanks for sharing photos of your home with us, I've always wanted to take a peek into your house, it was definitely as cute as I had imagined it'd be :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1