6 November 2013

Our Favourite Baby Led Weaning Family Meals


So we all know that the "heart" of Baby-Led Weaning is feeding your baby what you eat, but lets face it... some things are just much easier for your baby to eat, I mean you're not going to see any Baby-Led weaning soup recipes, know what I'm sayin?

I started Baby-Led weaning by necessity when Hazel was 7 months and we were working and living at a summer camp. For the first ((almost)) two months we were all in the same room with no "real" kitchen... yeah, that happened. Needless to say there was really no way for me to prepare puree food for Hazel, so she started just eating ((mostly)) what we were eating, and we have never looked back!

I find baby-led weaning really convenient, and I actually can't believe that everyone doesn't do it. There are lots of benefits for baby as well. If you are curious about these ((and other BLW info)) you should definitely check out the great post my friend Andrea wrote.

So, I thought I would share with you a few of our favourite things to eat as a family ((at least lately)). I love introducing things to Hazel and she has a very diverse appetite, which is awesome since I was picky ((and was let be picky)) as a child.

Hazel adores pot roast and root veggies. Which is awesome since we buy a 1/4 cow every year from a local farmer. We got lotsa meat up in here.

These are awesome. Cheesy and loaded with delish quinoa. They are also easy for Hazel to pick up, and I tend to make mini ones for her.

I love salmon and really, seafood of all types. Hazel is a big salmon fan, especially with a little maple glaze on it ((don't judge))

You really can't go wrong with a good veggie pizza. I use this recipe for my crust and also for any other bread I ever make, and it works like a charm and is so easy.

Yep. Ham Dinner. We have had this two nights in a row and Hazel has eaten every bite. She doesn't seem to ever get tired of it. I honestly kinda forgot about Ham and never made it before we had Hazel and she started eating but its great, cheap and easy... not totally sure its a super healthy option though...

Hazel was getting pretty tired of just having cubed sweet potatoes so I whipped these babies up and voila, she loves it. Its also nice for us to have at least one "meatless" meal a week.

Thanks Martha, this recipe is sure to please everyone at the table. Personally the thought of meatloaf weirds me out... but its friggin good. So make it, your baby will love it and so will your hubby. When I make meatloaf Bob always says he feels like he is a 1950's Husband coming home to a hot meal on the table, haha.

This meal is so simple and so good. I like to use the rotini noodles so they are easy for Hazel to pick up, and mix it up with the veggies in there.  

This one seems weird but its actually SO good. A great way to use up those avocados that are going bad and baby will love it too. I pretty much love anything avocado. 

Not pictured above is Chicken Dinner. We are fortunate to know several people who raise free range organic chicken. We get all of our whole chickens from them and they are so tasty! Nothing beats a great chicken dinner. Dont forget to make your own stock to freeze too!


What about you? What are some of your favourite recipes for the whole family?

6 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME! I can't wait to try all of these! Especially that avocado pasta. Sounds so delicious! Thanks Hannah! I am always looking for new recipes to try, especially easy ones that baby will love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! We didn't do BLW (wish we had!), but have mostly transitioned from purees to finger foods and I often have no idea what to make that Tessa can also eat...we'll be trying all of these!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those all look completely amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness these all look sooo good! I need need need to make a pot roast at some point soon! Haven't had one in FOREVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out lady! Ben also loves stews that have tons of veggies soaked in all that delicious flavor. I'm pinning your image as a reminder for family friend meals! I think in general it sounds like your gang eats pretty clean and healthy...and I think you can't go wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to invite you to the Friday Flash Blog Party, the
    best linky in town! I hope you'll join us and link up if you haven't already.
    Who knows. You may just get highlighted.


    The party goes on ALL weekend.

    Jennifer @ The Jenny Evolution

    www.thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1