4 November 2013

Happy Home Maker: Whitney's Home Tour


Welcome to 'Happy Home Maker'
A weekly series featuring some of my favourite bloggy mamas and friends.
I hope you will join us every Monday to be inspired! 

Today Whitney is sharing her Happy Home with us...




Hi guys! I'm Whitney from Life Alaskan Style and I am so happy to be here today sharing a little glimpse into my home. I live in Palmer, Alaska, a small farming community north of Anchorage. When Hannah asked me to be part of her 'Happy Homemaker Series', I was excited but also a little worried. I thought, is my house good enough to show people pictures of? But I decided that even though our home might not be 'magazine-put-together', it is home, and we love it. 

When ever I think about adding something to our home, whether it be furniture, dishes or decor items, it has to pass the 'do I love it?' test. I don't decorate based on a certain style that I like, but instead just try to make sure that everything we have is meaningful and lovely to me. Sometimes I wish I could go out and buy every single thing that catches my eye for our home, but it's just not practical for us. 
We spend the majority of our time outside, and with a big lab and a toddler things have to be durable. Yet I still want our home to be cozy and inviting when we do come inside to relax and spend time together as a family. 



We spend a lot of time playing music together, reading, and just gathering in our living room or kitchen to talk and share meals together, so that's mostly what our home is set up for. We rarely eat at our actual dining table, but choose to sit at the island or in the living room instead. I really prefer things to be simple and clean, and so I try not to have too much stuff cluttering up our shared space. Our house isn't perfect, but it's ours and we love it and I'm happy to invite you 'in' for a few moments today.








13 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting me into your blog space today Hannah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kitchen, Whitney! Soo cute and open. Thanks for sharing a bit of your life with us :)


    Hannah, I found you from Mommy Monday Blog Hop.. LOVE your beautiful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitney I love how open your kitchen space flows into your living space. And of course I spotted the Inheritance series, again. :) Hannah I simply love this series! I love how real people are with sharing their homes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Whitney! Your home looks so cozy and happy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brittnei WashingtonNovember 05, 2013 8:00 pm

    Whitney, your home is beautiful! I love the open kitchen and living space concept. It looks to real work for your family's lifestyle. Thanks for sharing with us on Mommy Monday!

    -BRITTNEI
    Http://homemakingwithstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whitney's place is exactly how we want ours to be: lots of plants, a beautiful open kitchen...love everything about it!

    Hannah, I nominated you for the Sunshine Award btw!

    http://phuketfamily.blogspot.com/2013/11/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. cnreinhart@gmail.comNovember 06, 2013 2:38 pm

    What a cute home. Love how you have a child's table as an end table too. Hmmm, might have to try that. Thanks for linking up to Ducks 'N A Row blog hop. I'm co-hosting this month. Hope you stop by next week too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha Andrea you've got your eyes peeled for those books! They are soo good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! We had to figure out a way to incorporate his table into the furniture arrangement and this has seemed to work the best so far! Riggs loves it since he's apart of what we're doing when he sits at his table to 'work' or play...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh I know it...my nerd is showing! I actually just started them again thanks to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love it Whitney! It looks so warm and cosy!!! X

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1