18 November 2013

Happy Birthday to me...

So, today is my birthday! 

The big TWO-EIGHT.

As I was reflecting on some things this week I remembered my 10th Birthday.  
I remember how my Dad made a HUGE deal that I was entering the
double digits
I remember thinking how magical that sounded. :)
I can't believe that I have now lived almost 2 full decades in the "double digits"

So last week I wrote a post of 28 random facts about me, in honour of my birthday. 
Today on my actual birthday I thought it might be fun to make a list of 
"28 Things I Want To Do Before My 29th Birthday"

((I have never made a "30 before 30" list, I always wanted to but it always seemed so daunting and grand to do that, plus I'm more of an immediate goal kinda gal))

So here we go... 

One | Go on a trip sans baby... even just a tiny tiny one.
Two | Get pregnant again!!!
Three | Go camping as many times as we can.
Four | Finish baby quilt for Hazel and one for my nephew 
Five | Learn to play at least one song on the guitar 
Six | Plant a garden ((actually take care of it)) and eat from it!!
Seven | Pray for my husband every day
Eight | Start vintage quilt collection
Nine | Spend less time worrying. 
Ten | Continue to build community by pouring into the lives around me. 
Eleven | Continue to cultivate online community, remember why I like to blog! 
Twelve | Let myself off the hook more
Thirteen | Don't hesitate to buy myself the things that I need. 
Fourteen | Don't buy things I don't need
Fifteen | Get my house organized and keep it! :) 
Sixteen | Renovate the house and finally have it all to ourselves :) ((we own the house but rent an apartment to students in half of the house)) 
Seventeen | Lots and lots of picnics. 
Eighteen | Be beach bums
Nineteen | Have a winter building project with hubs
Twenty | Teach and exemplify kindness to Hazel
Twenty-one | Continue to build a foundation of faith and experience and not just morality in our home.
Twenty-two | Serve my home with joy
Twenty-three | Be better at budgeting and meal planning
Twenty-four | Hot air balloon ride ((ask for this every year... Probably not gonna happen)) 
Twenty- five | Get in shape!
Twenty-six | Memorize more scripture
Twenty-seven | Have more family date days
Twenty-eight | Be thankful for another year



7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I love your list - so important to have things to be working towards, and even better to actually write them down and put them out there. I need to do something like this! I love #21 - building a foundation of faith and not just morality - there IS a difference!! You have some great things on this list that I might steal if I make my own - like letting yourself off the hook, worrying less, praying for your husband daily and, ahem, getting pregnant again! Haha! :) Hope you have a blessed day and year ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Hannah! I hope it's a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany Mrsh HaywoodNovember 19, 2013 9:59 pm

    Happy Birthday! What an awesome list and a great way to approach a new age :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! Great list keep us posted on your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say, take yourself on a hot air balloon ride! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. *And yay for pregnancy! ;) I am counting down the time until we can start trying! Have I talked to you about this? Because of my cesarean...no midwife will accept me as a potential hbac patient unless my pregnancies are spaced 18 months apart. It was another difficult pill to swallow...having a decision made for me ya know? But the bright side is that I get more time with Ben, and more time to focus on my fitness. ANYWAY, enough about me. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Journeysof TheZooNovember 22, 2013 3:16 pm

    Happy Birthday! My 28th year was the beginning of the best years of my life. Which thankfully, I'm still living. Looks like you're in a great place too.

    Thanks for the BlogLovin hop. I linked up. I'd love it if you linked up to mine to if you have the chance (http://www.journeysofthezoo.com/2013/11/bloglovin-hop-november21.html). I’m a follower of yours and look forward to reading all about your successes.

    Besos, Sarah
    Blogger at Journeys of The Zoo
    http://www.bloglovin.com/journeysofthezoo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1