9 October 2013

My spiritual act of worship



It usually hits around 9pm. The realization that I've done it all myself again. Another day comes and goes, with its busyness, it's to-do's. And the merri-go-round spins faster and faster, and I've forgotten to get off. 

I've forgotten. That this, THIS is my spiritual act of worship. This life. This one I'm creating with a bearded man and a babe, this is it, it's mine. 

"Therefore I urge you brothers and sisters, in view of Gods mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God-- this is your spiritual act of worship" Romans 12:1

Some days it's a natural flow. A rhythm as easy as breathing. Other days fall into one another and my brokenness wins; my selfish heart victorious. 

It's not about trying, but abiding. 

My daily tasks are my worship. 
My life is my worship, my ministry. 

Abba, help me to not forget again. 

Dear sisters, what is your spiritual act of worship? 


4 comments:

  1. Raising and loving a little boy as if he were my own is my spiritual act of worship. It has taken me a while to learn that even though Bobby didn't come from my womb, I am still a mother in my own right. I still have times where I am bitter that I'm not his mom, but I trust that Jesus Christ had planned for me to be mother in a different way.

    This is a lovely post, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Jen! He is a blessed little boy to have you for his mama!

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely and true post!! Our life is a ministry. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1