27 October 2013

Happy Home Maker: Hannah's ((Dream)) Home


Hi everyone!! 
Thank you so much for coming back for our 
"Happy Home Maker Home Tour Series". 

I was supposed to share my own home with you this week... but baby girl got croup AND two teeth this week... so this place isn't fit to be virtually immortalized if you know what im sayin?

But not one to disappoint, I thought I would share with you all my Dream Home tour!! I know its not as excited as peeking right into my real home, but I hope you really enjoy it anyway!


<< ENTRY >>

entry










This picture is a bit sparse for my "dream home" because I recently renovated my real entry! I have a few more things to do but I like it so far. Important things in an entry to me are lots of storage and a bright and welcoming space! 



<< KITCHEN >>

Kitchen


I love a bright and spacious kitchen! If I had to describe my style I would say its a huge mash up of vintage/bohemian/modern/maybe a tiny tiny bit of country thrown in there... is that even allowed? I am dreaming of having a butcher block countertop, with white walls and pops of color. I love the idea of having a big farmhouse table and mixed and matched chairs. I have been slowly collecting vintage elements to place around here and there. 



<< FAMILY ROOM >>

family room


These family rooms are so dreamy aren't they? Or maybe thats just me? Apparently I'm a big fan of wood elements! And I love to incorporate them into our real home! I included the last picture because I actually have the exact same coffee table :). I would love to do a pallet wall, but just a small one so its not too overpowering. I like a more modern sofa with eclectic design elements and I love graphic pillows! My dream Family room would get lots of light and have lots of books! :) 



<< BATHROOM >>

Bathroom


My dream bathroom would have to have two important elements... a big bathtub and a large vanity! We have a pedestal sink in our real bathroom and I always feel like I never have enough storage. I just like to have my toothbrush within reach, is that too much to ask? 



<< MASTER BEDROOM >>

Master Bedroom


More wood!! :) I basically go back and forth between dreaming I lived in a rustic log cabin and dreaming I lived in a palatial white walled mansion... Most days I settle more on the log cabin. I would love to have vintage quilts on all of the bed in our house. My Mother in Law has an amazing collection I have been trying to persuade her to let me tap into...  



<< KIDS ROOMS >>

Kids room


More bright and airy rooms! Can you tell I love color? For kids rooms I love graphic prints on the walls, colorful fabric and vintage elements and of course lots of creative storage space. Our real home is actually divided into two apartments at the moment and we rent one out to help cover the cost of our mortgage, which is awesome. But it means that Hazel doesn't have much of a room... its more of an entryway that we have converted into a room. She is cool with it though and it fits the important things like her crib, dresser/change table and her book shelf. In the spring we plan to take back the rest of the house, I couldn't be more excited about it!! 



<< PLAYROOM >>

Playroom


I thought I would include a playroom in my Dream Home because I would truly love to have one! It would be amazing to have a separate space for Hazel to play in! And these ones here are so unique! I would love to have a space for her that encouraged more organic and imaginative play, rather than relying on plastic toys. Especially for those winter months here on the Island where its more difficult to get outside for long periods of time.

Homes of course, are not made up of things, they are made up of memories and people and laughter and fun and love. They are made up of whispers in the dark and kisses goodnight, spoken prayers and deep conversation. It is an honor for me to create a home like this with my sweet love, for our child(ren) and for our friends; anyone who graces our door.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hope that you have really enjoyed my dream home tour! All of this being said, I do really love the home that I have actually created and am creating. We are truly blessed to own our own home at such a young age, and I am so thankful for that. We have a large lot but are still central in our town so at this time in our lives it is perfect for us. I hope that I will get to share my real home with you someday! 

Stay tuned for the next few weeks, we have some amazing home tours lined up! Ive got the next 6 weeks booked! I can't wait to share with you the homes of some truly lovely and inspiring ladies! 

Did you miss Aanie's Happy Home Maker Home Tour last week?
Find it HERE


8 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean about going back and forth about dreaming of one style and another the next. I do know for sure that I love airy and cheerful spaces, and my husband really loves small cozy spaces. We've been spending a lot of time dreaming of our future home lately!! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the dream rooms! I want my dream rooms! I followed you on a bunch of your social media. Here's my BlogLovin, if you want to follow. http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/11133059

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, mama. I dig your style. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the bright colours splashed in with the natural tones!!! Gorgeous dream home :-) i'm going to love this series!! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hannah @ Joyful LifeNovember 02, 2013 1:43 pm

    Ah marriage is such a balance! My Husband and I have somewhat different styles as well.... case in point... I have a knife display on my living room wall... oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hannah @ Joyful LifeNovember 02, 2013 1:44 pm

    Thanks Betty! I will definitely be checking you out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hannah @ Joyful LifeNovember 02, 2013 1:44 pm

    Thank you so much for stopping by Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hannah @ Joyful LifeNovember 02, 2013 1:45 pm

    Thanks Aanie! I know! Im so excited for this series too! Can't wait for this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1