30 September 2013

Good morning(s)

 

I love our little morning routine. I'm reminded on these crisp and sunny fall mornings to drink it all in. To have my fill of this time in our lives, to be content and satisfied in this moment.

Sweet baby H usually wakes up around 7:30 ((I know right? She's the best)). Hubs usually goes to get her ((sweet man)) and brings her to me in bed to nurse her. I'm really hoping she doesn't wean herself from this feed anytime soon. Though she is going on the big one year, I would love to keep going as long as we can.

We spend some sweet time just hanging out together as a family. I love the way Hazel will be nursing and just reach her hand over to pat her Daddy's arm. She sure loves her Daddy.

We are big on squeezes in this house. Not just hugs. Squeezes. I'm talking tight, so tight you can hardly breathe. I make hubs give me one everyday. I sometimes joke that I can't survive without them, and I'll fake that I'm withering away. But it's actually true, I feel off if I don't start out my day with "my squeezes". Is that weird? Haha!

Daddy/hubs makes breakfast ((he is the king of breakfast)) and we all eat together. Hazel likes to be quieter and less active in the mornings so she will usually look at books for a solid half an hour ((I told you she is the best)) Bob and I have our morning coffee and catch up on emails etc. When Hazel goes down for her nap is when I get to spend time with The Lord. I have the YouVersion app on my iPad and iPhone and I usually join in on the She Reads Truth plans. Some solid teaching right there ladies, if you aren't part of She reads Truth you should definitely join us!

Before Hazel was born I didn't have much routine. I was constantly late for things and never seemed to have time for myself or for others or really for anything. When we had Hazel I realized just how much I needed a routine, I surprised myself by craving routine so much. It has been great for me and great for her too, I'm definitely a firm believer in the benefits of routine for babies!

I realize more and more how thankful I am for this time in our lives. That in a few years with more babies and more and more commitments ((though I hope we are able to maintain a bit of a simple life in some ways)), that these days of snuggling in bed and quiet mornings will be few and far between.

I'm cherishing this time as a family of three. And I'm cherishing these easy good mornings.

What's your morning routine?

 

 

11 comments:

  1. Quiet mornings are the best! I love that you guys are squeezers, what a fun family tradition. I nursed my middle child until she was 16 months old, it was such a sweet bond between us. Keep it up, Mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by Angela! Yep we love our squeezes! haha seems funny but im glad Hazel is starting to learn how to give them too. It also really helps keep any disagreement or anger between hubs and I at bay, cant really hug if youre mad! :) Im popping over to visit you now!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much for reading KelBel! :)

      Delete
  3. Every morning I bring Ben in our bed and nurse him, we read books and cuddle...it's my favorite part of every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its my favorite part of the day too! I definitely want to remember these moments when #2 ((or 6 if Bob had his way)) rolls around! :)

      Delete
  4. Mornings are my favorite!! I usually start really early like 4:30 due to my baby girl always waking up at 6:30 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Heather!! Good for you! Thats early!

      Delete
  5. Such a sweet sounding morning! 7:30...you're right, she is the BEST! The part of her patting dada's arm while she nurses, melted me! A little bonding moment for all 3 of you :)

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! Maybe Im just a biased mama but I feel like she has a very sweet nature already. She is always kissing and hugging us and patting our backs. Sweetie! Thanks for reading today! :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds like such a lovely morning routine! Steve (my husband) leaves really early for work so sadly he doesn't get to be part of our morning routines unless it's the weekend (and we really cherish our mornings together as a family when we can get them!) Riggs usually reads in his crib for about 20 minutes before he calls out for me to come and get him. It's so sweet, and so nice because I still get a few moments to myself in the mornings and he starts his day off with a little quiet alone time. I love babies/toddlers that love to read! It's such a nice way to have quiet moments and still connect with them! And we are a family that loves to squeeze too! Poor Riggs gets squeezed so often he's used to it and doesn't even resist haha

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1