27 August 2013

Little Bowties for Little Men

 

(( I'm harkening back to my formative blog times and resurrecting my "Make it Monday" feature, though as luck would have it I'm posting this on Tuesday... Whoops.))

A friend asked me if I could make her fresh from the inside little man an outfit to wear to a wedding.

I've been dreaming of making some sweet little onesie Bowties since before we had Hazel... But since we had a girl ((a beautiful, lovely can't imagine having a boy, little girl)) my dream has not been realized, until now!!

I did a little search around Etsy and Pintrest for some inspiration and gathered my supplies and came up with this

So I got a little carried away with the Bowties and just could not stop at one! They are seriously so easy to do, and since I had three for my friend to choose from, I just added a little snap to the onesie and the bowtie and there you have it, interchangeable Bowties! My only regret is that I didn't do two snaps instead of one in the middle because its a bit floppy... For an older baby they could rip the bowtie off fairly easily.

For the vest and pocket I took a piece of paper and took some measurements of the onesie, then free handed what I thought the vest should look like. I used a wool blend pinstripe fabric and I think it turned out pretty cute!

If you try this though, definitely invest in a Fabric Fusion pen! Holy moly I love those little babies! Just add a little dab and BAM, no more wonky sewing all over the place. I did add a couple little buttons to this after snapping these pics, that really finished it off nicely.

What do you think? Have you ever made or wanted to make something similar?

If you are interested in being featured on "Make it Monday" let me know by emailing

hannahsjoyfullife ((at)) blogspot ((dot)) com

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I LOVE this! So cute! Checking in from the Blog Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thax for share this....this is realy awesome little bow tes for lttele
    bow ties for men

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1