29 July 2013

((Dear Weekend)) 07.27.2013

Dearest Weekend, you are coveted much longed for each week. As you bring camp to a close and offer up yourself, one sacred day, to our little weary family. You were fairly ordinary this time, bringing less than spectacular weather and more errands and laundry than I would have cared for. But yet you were cherished still. You did bring me a refreshing and anticipated visit from a friend, home from mission hospital building in Bangladesh, conversations late into the night and a movie date with my love.

Dear Hazelgirl, you learned to sit yourself up from your belly this weekend, and gave mama quite a shock when I went to your room to find you sitting playing contentedly with your bear. You are such a sweetheart girl. My little lamb.

Dear communal camp living, you've been awfully convenient, allowing us to have a date night almost every weekend leaving babes peacefully sleeping at home.

Dear Fisher Price baby grand piano, you're the best $20 bucks I've ever spent... I'm not sure I will ever get tired of your tinny sounding tunes.

Dear illegal in Canada baby walker, why oh why are you illegal in Canada? I actually think I might love you, please don't tell the authorities on me.

Dear self, remember this, "Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God". Col.3:2-3

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Which website do you use to edit your pictures?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1