14 June 2013

Liebster Award Nominated

Super excited to be nominated for a Liebster Award by Melissa at Fawn Over Baby. If you have not checked out this awesome girls blog you are missing out! It's super dreamy over there! So go, go now, but then come back!

Melissa wites in her post that "The word Liebster is German and means dearest or lovely. The award is given to newer blogs with 200 or less actual followers and provides a nice way for fellow bloggers to meet and publicize their site to the general public. If you would like to know more just give it a Google. While it isn't an actual award, it is still so nice to be recognized." Couldn't have said it any better myself! So excited to be nominated and to nominate some other lovely blogs!


So here are the rules that apply when accepting the Liebster Award!

Create a Post Containing The Following Information:
*Link Back to the Blog that nominated you
*Nominate 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
*Answer Questions posted by you from your nominator
*Share 11 random facts about yourself
*Create 11 Questions for your nominees to answer
*Contact your nominees and let them know you've nominated them

My Nominees: {some of you may technically have more than 200 followers but hopefully you'll like being nominated anyway! }
Lindsay Ladon
Splendid Actually
The New Wittys
OhIloveyoumydear
Sparrow + Grace
Turquoise Bohemian
Diddle Dumpling

You are under no obligation to accept! But just know that I think your little corner of the blog world is great, and that's why I've nominated each of you!!


Questions for me to Answer:
What inspires you the most these days? I think what has been inspiring me most is actually a 'who'! My daughter has definitely been the inspiration for all of my DIY's and creative endeavours these days! I just love making stuff for her! Other than that I'm really inspired by other bloggers and other moms, who are doing life well in a real and authentic way.
What are your hopes and dreams for your blog? Hmm. I really just started this little blog out of a desire to document my days and some crafty projects I was doing. It is really evolving on its own and I think my hope for it now would be to inspire other mamas to be authentic, to create, to dream, and to go deeper in their relationship with The Lord.
If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Easy one for me! I would be a travel journalist! I just think that would be amazing to travel the world and get to experience everything from roughing it in the outback to a five star resort in Fiji!
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? To be honest Canada is pretty awesome, I love living here but I would live in Aulstralia in a heartbeat if my entire family could come with me! I was there for three months with Youth With A Mission when I was 20 and I loved it! The people are awesome and it's warm! I really hate the cold!
Where were you born and where do you currently live now? I was born here in Prince Edward Island and I still live here. I have been fortunate enough to travel around the world and am happy to be back home raising my daughter in a place with almost a 0% crime rate!!
What is your favorite comfort food? Probably Cinnamon Rolls! The ooey gooey kind!
What is your favorite indulgence? Umm... Girly movies or tv shows or books!!
Who is your favorite author and why? Eek, a tough one for me, I love to read. I'm reading 'One Thousand Gifts' right now by Ann Voskamp and loving it!
If you could have a celebrity best friend, who would it be? Amy Poehler or Colleen Ballinger (Miranda Sings) those ladies are FUN.NY!!!
Where is your "Go-to" place to shop online? Etsy is my most common. I don't shop online much due to the super pricy shipping rates! :(
Do you have a DIY project that you are most proud of? ( share link if available) I have made a lot of things for Hazel I'm pretty proud of. My Crinkle Taggie Square is one of them. But I'm also pretty proud of my entire wedding which you can see snippets of here. It all came together really well and it was such an awesome day, I'm pretty proud that it only cost us $4000 and I did it all myself! (Well... Mostly)


11 Random Facts about me:
  1. I have ridden a camel
  2. I have never ever eaten a burger at a fast food restaurant.
  3. I have been to Tim-buck-too! {yes it's a real place, its in Africa and it's actually spelled Tombouctou}
  4. My brother is in an awesome {semi-famous} band called Paper Lions {touring the US now!}
  5. I'm a Doula!! {labour attendant, birth coach, whatever you want to call it}
  6. The first birth I attended was in Mauritania, Africa. Witnessing that sweet little boy come into the world in that small clay room changed my life.
  7. I once had hypothermia.
  8. I have an immunity to the chicken pox {something about my blood...}
  9. I love Jesus! And belong to an amazing community of believers. {we don't live together or anything! We just are intentional about supporting each other and "doing life" together}
  10. I cloth diaper my baby and love it! {but I totally don't judge you if you don't}
  11. I can't seem to function in a day if I don't get squeezed by my husband { I tell him I have a squeeze-o-meter and it gets low and he needs to replenish it!!}
Questions For My Nominees:
  1. What is the best gift you have ever recieved?
  2. What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
  3. What is your favourite blog post you have ever written? Like it if you like!!
  4. What is your favourite meal to make?
  5. What are your hopes for your blog?
  6. What is your favourite accecessory right now?
  7. Favourite book?
  8. What essential do you always have one hand, or in your purse?
  9. Where is your favourite spot to vacation?
  10. What inspires you most these days?
  11. What is your favourite season and why?
I hope you all have really enjoyed my post, and nominees, I hope you will accept! It's a really fun way to get to know some other bloggers! I would love it if you would follow Joyful Life.





3 comments:

  1. Hey! Stumbled upon your blog from the link up! So cute! Congrats on the Leibster Award!Feel free to follow back!

    semlerfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Kirstie! Will definitely be following back! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. LOVE THIS! And thank you so much for thinking of me :) I'll be sharing this soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1