18 June 2013

Intentional in Word and Deed {part 1}

Guys! Seriously, I'm learning so much through my 30 Days of Intention challenge! I wanted to share over the next couple of days the two biggest things that have made an impact on me through this time.

The first which I will share today is being intentional in my WORDS!!

First of all, I should probably tell you that I have a problem.... My problem is, in the words of my husband 'I say what I want'. Now it's not that I'm rude or that I'm always saying hurtful things, but I realized I'm not always saying uplifting things or building things either.

There is SO much in the bible about our tongues and our words!! Here are just a few...

 

 

Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble. {Proverbs 21:23}

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. {Ephesians 4:29}

There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. {Proverbs 12:18}

Say WHAT?? I know I had read those plenty of times before but I think this was the first time I was reading them and actually taking them to heart, planning to be more intentional with my words.

Do your words bring grace to those who hear?

Do they build up?

Are your words like sword thrusts or do they bring healing?

I know for certain I have had plenty of sword thrusts in my time. Especially toward my husband I have thrusted and parried some fairly harsh blows. You know how it goes, you are short, you make a biting remark, you're defensive, you're offensive, you say things you don't mean.

I have found a lot of my untamed tongue has resulted from not "committing my ways to The Lord" when I wake up every day and I have not committed my day to The Lord, not just my deeds (which I find easy) but my words as well, I usually end up messing up and saying hurting things, or missing an opportunity to encourage, or am just plain negative at times.

Since I have been doing my "30 Day Challenge" to myself, I have been intentional about committing my words to The Lord. I want everything I say to be wise, to bring healing and give grace. I haven't been succeeding all of the time but making a commitment to being more intentional about this has made a significant difference.


What about you? Do you take the time to commit not only your actions but your words to The Lord? Do you find this hard? In what ways have you seen the fruit of this?

I would love to hear from you!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Don't forget to link up on Thursday for our "mom-lovin blog hop". See you there!

Xo Hannah


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I always respond but tend to reply to your comment rather than email. I hope you'll check back for my response!

UA-45077507-1